In 1967, Eugeniusz Rudnik graduated from the Electronics Department of the Warsaw Institute of Technology (Politechnika). He began working for the Polish Radio in Warsaw in 1955, and from 1958 he collaborated with the Experimental Studio of the Polish Radio. Between 1967-68 the composer was employed at the Westdeutscher Rundfunk Studio for Electronic Music in Cologne. Rudnik taught at the Music Academy of Warsaw, where he conducted classes in electroacoustic music technology, and between the years 1994 and 1995, he lectured at Warsaw's Centre for Journalism.
Next to Andrzej Rakowski, Janusz Piechurski and Krzysztof Szlifirski, Rudnik was one of the first producers of electroacoustic music in Poland, and the co-creator of the so-called Polish school of electroacoustic music. He collaborated with numerous outstanding Polish artists on music installations and film soundtrack production. Some of the musicians Rudnik worked for are: Krzysztof Penderecki, Andrzej Markowski, W?odzimierz Koto?ski, Bogus?aw Schaeffer, Stanis?aw Radwan, Andrzej Dobrowolski, Arne Nordheim.
To date, he has authored and realised musical scores for productions of the Polish Radio Theatre and the Television Theatre, with nearly three hundred film soundtracks to crown that score. His compositions, as well as the films with his sound scapes were broadcast by radio and TV channels in Poland and abroad.