As announced earlier this week we are running a special Pop Quiz Competition on Facebook in which three lucky teams can win 4 Tickets + Accommodation at the festival! Two prizes for those with superior music knowledge and one prize for those coming up with the best team name. Entrants should email email@example.com with Pop Quiz in the subject line to register a team name - you can still start playing even though we've started - you might still win or win the prize for best team name! At 1.30pm today we put the first 5 questions up, one every five minutes as different consecutive posts on the ATP Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/atpfestival
Another 5 questions will follow at 1.30pm on Monday 28th, another 5 at 1.30pm on Wednesday 30th and the final 5 on Friday 1st March at 1.30pm. Each question will be about a different artist on the line-up - with some answers to be found on the line-up bio pages on our site and others to be found elsewhere online!
Teams part by commenting on the Facebook question posts with their team name and answer. The first three teams to get the correct answer earn a point. The two winning teams will be those who get the most points over the 20 questions. There will also be a prize picked by ATP for best team name - that team will also win 4 Tickets + Accommodation.
Here are the answers to round one:
1. Terry Riley - Which 2008 video game featured Terry's music on its soundtrack?
Answer: Grand Theft Auto 4
2. Animal Collective - Name the artist sampled on Animal Collective's What Would I Want? Sky and the name of the song sampled?
Answer: Grateful Dead - Unbroken Chain
3. Orthrelm - Orthrelm is Mick Barr and who else? Full name please!
Answer: Josh Blair
4. Lee Scratch Perry - Who co-produced Lee Scratch Perry's 2008 album Repentance?
Answer: Andrew WK
5. Beach House - Which Beach House song was recently covered by the PS22 Chorus child choir?
And here's how the leaderboard is looking...
1. Wayne Coyne took Acid with my mother and he thought she was fighting pink robots - 4 points
2. Four Reverend's Team - 3 points
3. Bradford's Cocks - 2 points
4. Lee Scratch Perry Fire Prevention Service - 2 points
5. Bumfish - 1 point
6. the Crystal Methodists - 1 point
7. Stereolabia - 1 point
8. Yoda vs. Yeti on the Plains of Serengeti - 1 point
Remember you have to have said your team name and given the full answer - and be one of the first three to do this to get your team a point! Only one point per team per question can be won.
We still have three more rounds to play so it can still all change!