ATP INSTAGRAM SCAVENGER HUNT
Win tickets to ATP, three nights accommodation at the Ace Hotel during the festival, curated books, Criterion films...
Plus, Check out a free ATP mixtape via Gawker here!
Today in the lead up to the ATP I'll Be Your Mirror festival in New York City this September 21st - 23rd, ATP launch an instagram scavenger hunt where you can win tickets to ATP, three nights accommodation at the Ace Hotel during the festival, Greg Dulli curated books, Criterion Blurays and DVDs.
This Friday the 14th of September we will be announcing the films and books chosen by Greg Dulli as part of his curation of the festival. Two of the books will be discussed at the festival (hosted by Lapham’s Quarterly), and the films will be shown in a cinema at the festival alongside other programming by The Criterion Collection and ATP.
For the scavenger hunt, we have left copies of some of the books and films featured at the event at various shops and businesses around New York City. Clues as to the locations of where we have placed a book or film are below. Just work out the location, and ask inside the business to discover if your guess is correct. Be the first to Instagram a photo of the book or film to us at @atpfestival with #ATPNYC and the shop name, and then keep that item as a prize..
The person that is the first to send in a photo, announcing a film or book as part of the line-up enters into a drawing to win 2 tickets to ATP, a room at The Ace Hotel for the 3 nights of the event and a bumper pack of books and Criterion films in the festival.
Clues as to the whereabouts of where we have placed a book or film are below.
To buy tickets or find out more about the festival curated by Greg Dulli and ATP featuring Frank Ocean, Philip Glass & Tyondai Braxton, The Afghan Whigs, The Roots, Mark Lanegan, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Make Up, Hot Snakes, Dirty Three, Thee Oh Sees and many more go to the ATP Website.
Clues: - updated with winners so far...
1) Record Grouch - Oscar the LP (Dazed and Confused) found by thepiratehat
2) Beacons closet - Where a lighthouse might store its clothes. (Play
It As It Lays) found by brianbetancourt
3) The Word - There are six in this clue. (Eating Raoul) found by brianbetancourt
4) Cake Shop - Flour, sugar, eggs and butter for sale (Something Wild) found by mslazarou
5) McNally Jackson - Tito's Scottish cousin (Geek Love) found by mslazarou
6) The Ace Hotel - Motorhead digs at this hotel. (Fraction of the
Whole) found by mslazarou
7) Jonathan Levine Gallery - This gallery is so delusional (Quadrophenia) found by thepiratehat
8) Mailbox - Howard the doorman stares at the pink pussycat from this address in the West Village (Nobody Move) found by philly4eva
9) Other Music - Sounds from a strange village in Lost (Harold and
Maude) found by job_cain
10) Co-op 87 - Audio neutering on fruit (Lonesome) found by brianbetancourt
11) Soundfix - Not a condo in the year before the nation started to
daydream (Royal Tenenbaums) found by mslazarou
Festival Location Map: