You are invited to Iceland Day at ATP TERMINAL this Sunday June 29th between 11 - 7pm to celebrate our upcoming ATP Iceland takeover.
If you're in London:
- Come in and try some Icelandic treats like Icelandic Kelp, Djupur, Bitafiskur and Tromp and let us know how you think they taste?
- Win vouchers for the famous Icelandic burger restaurant now in -London, Tommi's Burger Joint
- Win copies of Hannah Kent's new novel, Burial Rites set in Iceland in 1829
- ATP Radio will be broadcasting live from the shop from 11am - 7pm with special ATP Icelandic Programming all day
- Write "A Letter Home" to someone in Iceland and receive a voucher for a bonus Neil Young ticket for the person you send the letter to when they buy a ticket.
If you're in Iceland:
ATP Radio will be broadcasting from midday - 8pm Icelandic time from HYPERLINK "http://mixlr.com/atpradio" http://mixlr.com/atpradio . Join us for special ATP Iceland and Neil Young themed radio shows as well as ticket giveaways, book giveaways and the special announcement of the ATP booklist curated by HAM and the Portishead curated cinema which will be screening at the event.
Make sure you look at the comments section of the Mixlr/atpradio site as we will be running competitions from there throughout the day for free tickets to Neil Young, free tickets to ATP Iceland, copies of Burial Rites and copies of the Neil Young album, A Letter Home, the new Eaux album Plastics, the Hebronix album Unreal and the Fuck Buttons album, Slow Focus.
Win copies of Burial Rites by Hannah Kent:
Set in Iceland in 1829 a brilliant literary debut, inspired by a true story: the final days of a young woman accused of murder in Iceland in 1829. Set against Iceland's stark landscape, Hannah Kent brings to vivid life the story of Agnes, who, charged with the brutal murder of her former master, is sent to an isolated farm to await execution. Horrified at the prospect of housing a convicted murderer, the family at first avoids Agnes. Only Tóti, a priest Agnes has mysteriously chosen to be her spiritual guardian, seeks to understand her. But as Agnes's death looms, the farmer's wife and their daughters learn there is another side to the sensational story they've heard. Riveting and rich with lyricism, BURIAL RITES evokes a dramatic existence in a distant time and place, and asks the question, how can one woman hope to endure when her life depends upon the stories told by others?
Pop in too, if you are joining us over at ATP Iceland! We can answer any questions you might have about the event.
See you in the shop or on the airwaves on Sunday!