Lord Sinclair will be hosting Book Bingo at this year’s ATP Iceland, taking place in the Officers Club at 7pm on Friday. Book Bingo is a chance for fans to pass on cherished books and discover new favourites.
Fans will be asked to donate books before the start of the game, as it is as much about sharing books you have enjoyed as playing Bingo, and we will also have some new books provided by publishers and other generous organizations.
Every bingo call is a quote from a book and the first person to the name the book wins a book from those donated. Book Bingo has been very popular at other ATP’s and gives anyone with a love of books the opportunity to go home with a new treasure.
As part of the festival, Örvar from múm has curated a recommended list of Books for attendees. The list is as follows:
* All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (London Vintage)
* Explorers of the New Century by Magnus Mills (Bloomsbury: UK, Mariner Books: US)
* The Man who was Thursday: A Nightmare by G.K. Chesterton (Watchmaker Publishing)
* Slash: Autobiography by Slash & Anthony Bozza (Harper Entertainment)
* The Sufferings of Prince Sternenhoch by Ladislav Klíma (Twisted Spoon Press)
* Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World, in Four Parts. By Lemuel Gulliver, First a Surgeon, and then a Captain of Several Ships by Jonathan Swift (Simon & Brown)
* Valerie and her Week of Wonders by Vitezslav Nezval (Twisted Spoon Press)
Twisted Spoon Press have kindly donated copies of Valerie and Her Week of Wonders by Vitezslav Nezval (more info) and The Sufferings of Prince Sternenhoch by Ladislav Klima (more info), as well as Glorious Nemesis by Ladislav Klima (more info) to the quiz! Check out their website here: http://www.twistedspoon.com/
Other prizes will include Stuðs Vors Lands, an awesome overview of popular music in Iceland written by Dr. Gunni who will be hosting the Pop Quiz at the event, and Icelandic Fashion Design by Charlie Strand and published by Edda.
Attendees can find out more about the books including Örvar's reasons for including them in the free festival programme at the event.